Pages

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Practice Makes…..not Perfect, but Obedient!

Breathe on Me

Lord, I ask you to bring to life some of the insecurities that I am dealing with to my attention.

Perfectionist

I had developed this sense of having to do everything in life to 100%. You may be sitting there going I wish I had that mind set or that actually does not sound like such a bad thing to develop. Well……to be honest with you, what I have developed is a sense of having to do everything to a 100% and if it does not meet my standard, then I have not only failed myself, but those around me. This is a dangerous habit to develop because it becomes a breeding ground for stress, tension, late nights, and anxiety over what will happen if I do not succeed. This particular habit has been drilled into my head through many different paths that I have taken in life through travel fast-pitch softball, film/theater acting, being a perfect friend, being the Christian example to others, and has especially impacted my college career.
 I had the mentality that I had to receive an “A” on everything academically that I completed or I had failed (in my mind). I had to sit myself down after the first month and a half of my senior year and seek after Christ for peace and for Him to slow me down, so I may enjoy the last year that I spend practically every day with such Godly friends from all across the United States at one university. I began to develop a sense of “free spiritedness” I never felt more free during a time in college then I had the past semester. I was able to even enjoy the time I spent at the library with friends studying. I was no longer tension filled, Christ stepped in when I called upon His name for calmness during my storm.

(Psalms 50:15) Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me.

(Psalms 145:18-19) The LORD is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him in truth. {19} He will fulfill the desire of those who fear Him; He also will hear their cry and save them.

Are you an Authentic Requester?

Christ looks to our hearts and sees the need that we are requesting of Him. He looks to the authenticity of the requester. When we humble ourselves before the throne of God we are able to run to Him, with blind eyes, knowing that He will catch us if we should fall. We should not make requests to Him if we are not willing to allow His work be done in our life and not giving our selfish desires up for His Heavenly plan. This concept at first is a scary one to grasp. Think, why should we expect Him to do things for us, if we are not willing to simply breathe life into our lungs and use us as a force for His kingdom? Live and breathe the words that you proclaim to be. Christ wants your vulnerability so He may sculpt you into what He has encompassed for you.

Practice Makes…..not Perfect, but Obedient!

Practicing to let yourself be consumed by Christ’s plan will be an act of obedience towards Him. Practice daily devotion of time spent with Christ. Though we must also keep in mind that this does not mean to not try our hardest in everything that we do, this just means that sometimes we will not meet our expectations and it is okay! Even though we may fall short of our goals, we can become empowered by the Holy Spirit and know that He is eternal and that our failures are only a bump in the road. Remember practice makes NOT perfect, but obedient.

(1 Chronicles 16:8) Oh give thanks to the LORD, call upon His name; Make known His deeds among the peoples.

(Job 27:10) Will he take delight in the Almighty? Will he call on God at all times?

1 comment: