Pages

Friday, November 28, 2014

Crippling Fear

One of the biggest emotions that can cripple a person is fear. We all have experienced fear at some point or another. Fear can keep us from going after our dreams and aspirations.

In the Word- Digging deep into the book of Joshua we can get a glimpse of how fear can spread like a wild fire. Caleb was a faithful servant unto the Lord. Caleb was one of the nine men that was sent to scout out the promise land. When the other men reported giants within the land and expressed their fears, their fear spread through the camp like a fire. Joshua 14: 8 “but my fellow Israelites who went up with me made the hearts of the people melt in fear. I however, followed the Lord my God wholeheartedly.” Caleb was filled with hope that with God on their side, the land could be taken over. Caleb wanted the people to have faith on God’s promise of deliverance.

What did Jesus have to say about worrying? “Then Jesus said to his disciples: ‘Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?’” (Luke 12:22-26, NIV)

Life Application
-          Surrender to God
       The only answer to conquering your fears is by giving them over to God. God will carry every one of your burdens. Caleb acquired this particular skill successfully. Caleb surrendered his fears to the Lord and followed the Lord’s vision for his life. The Lord placed all your burdens on the cross when He died for your sins. 



-          Perfect Peace
      Through Jesus Christ there remains perfect peace. Bring all your worries and fears to the feet of Jesus. He wants us to seek after Him and come to Him in our time of need. Once we become filled with the Holy Spirit we have allowed God to not only transform our souls, but we have allowed Him to penetrate every area of our lives. God does not want an entry pass to one area of our lives, He wants a VIP pass into every corner that we may be hiding from Him. Exposing yourself to the Lord allows you to be set free. Perfect peace is able to overwhelm your heart.

-          Daily Life
              “Worry is a cycle of inefficient thoughts whirling around a center of fear.” ~ Corrie Ten Boom – Oh how true this is! Worry can consume us. You can spend an entire day circulating your thoughts around what you are worried about. You can sit and watch people walk by laughing and having a good time, while you sit there a prisoner to your own self. God did not want you to be a prisoner to your own thoughts. Our thoughts have the ability to encourage us or defeat us.

-          What will fuel your day?
              Will fear cripple you or will faith consume your soul? Choose to walk steadfast in the faith of the Lord. Overcome your fear with the way of Christ. Do not accept defeat as the final answer. Defeat is nothing, but a roadblock. Defeat is a test to see how much you are willing to fight for what you know is right. Become a believer and leave the doubt at the door. Be thankful for your position within the Lords kingdom. He has given you knew life and has never given up on you. He is your number one fan. The Lord wants to be the energy that pumps through your veins. He wants to be what gets you motivated in the early morning hours.

Confession of the Day: I declare that today is the Lord’s Day. I pray that God will strip away any fear that may be trying to cripple my spirit. I pray that you drive away any negative thoughts that may be trying to consume my thought pattern. I can face anything with the Lord’s help. Lord give me faith in the midst of my doubts.

Key Verses: When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid. What can flesh do to me? – (Psalm 56:3-4)

“I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears”- (Psalm 34:4).

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:6-7).

“So we say with confidence, ‘The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?’” (Hebrews 13:6).


No comments:

Post a Comment