What does it really mean to be content you may ask? It isn't a feeling of everything is fine and it isn't having all your needs met. Being content in the season that the Lord has placed you in is a series acceptance.
1. The Lord's Process
The Lord's timing is indeed perfect timing. The Lord hears the prayers of His children. He also knows what we need and when we need it. Often times, the Lord's process involves trials that shape us into what we need to become in order to be able to handle the nest season the Lord has prepared for us. During a trial, it is important to remember that through these hard times the Lord might be sending you through a type of "basic training". Trust in His process.
2. Faithfulness in the Now
There is no chance that the Lord has made a mistake within your situation. We often lack taking the time to understand our circumstances. Being faithful in the midst of the storm is tough to do, but oh how rewarding it truly is. Not only is being faithful glorifying to God, but you gain the ability to withstand hardships. God will show you the way. Let God fight your battles. Remaining faithful will allow God to fully work within your situation.
3. Life is Short
Life is too short to worry about every little issue that arises. Every morning I think of two things that I'm thankful for. This has trained not only my mind, but it has also trained by heart to search for things to be thankful for. Remember to smile and look for the good in every outcome. Connect with others and share your story of redemption. Joy comes to those that welcome happiness. I have realized over the years that life will pass you by if you let it. I try to be intentional about making plans to take adventures with friends, going to church, visiting family, and truly making time for others. A job is a crucial factor in life, but in the end all that truly matters is the relationships that you carried through life.
4. Trusting God to Provide the "ONE"
Being a girl in her early 20's leads to the ever pressing question of so many family members....have you found a man? Nope. God is taking His time preparing whom ever He has called for me. I have peace within this area of my life. I realize that my career and adventurous heart is enough for me to handle right now. I trust that there is a man after God's own heart out there that would be compatible with my lifestyle. Until then, I will continue praising the Lord for all His blessings in my Life.
Thanksgiving break!
Thanksgiving break is filled with seeing friends, family, baking, and singing songs around the fire. I love coming home to the mountains and being in a crowded house with family. My family is a very loud, joke cracking, and full of life family. We gather around the kitchen and living room (because there is so many of us) we say a prayer and dig into the food! Afterwards, we always break out the board games and the laughter continues for hours. I love this time of year. Family from out of state and the cousins come in from different colleges to gather together to make memories. I'm thankful this year for all the memories we are making.
Key Verses:
( Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. - 1 Thessalonians 5:18) - Being truly content during every season that the Lord has given you is what God desires of us. We are far more blessed than we even realize.
(And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. - Colossians 3:15-17) - Being thankfully content during this season of your life is when peace from the Lord has filled your heart. God has called us to be filled with peace. When we are content we are able to experience joy, even when we may not have full understanding.
A Prayer to Pray
Lord thank you for your unending blessings and for your guidance through every season of my life. I pray that you have continue to remind me that I must be content when when I may not have all the answers.
No comments:
Post a Comment